UNITECH Forum a major feature of General Assembly Week in Milan
27 Sep 2013 in The Network by
UNITECH held its annual General Assembly Week in Milan at the beginning of September, the events being hosted by Politecnico di Milano as a part of their 150 years celebrations.
The excellent facilities at Politecnico di Milano’s Bovisa campus ensured a great Start Up Week for the Students 2013 group and End of Year Event for the Students 2012 group The week of coached modules in the UNITECH Programme, strategy meetings for Stakeholder groups and the constitutional General Assembly of the UNITECH International Society culminated with the graduation of 40 UNITECH students and a celebration dinner in Castle Sforza
The addition of a Forum organised by Politecnico di Milan as a one of its activities to mark 150 years of existence as a university brought a valuable external focus the the week. The Forum took as its topic “Engineering the Future of Europe” Guest speaker was Jeremy Rifkin, President, Foundation on Economic Trends who spoke on the theme of “The Third Industrial Revolution: what opportunities for Europe and the World” concerning energy generation and use.
Building on this theme the Forum held a Panel of UNITECH Partners’ senior members. Panel members were:
- Jack Golden, Group HR Director, CRH
- Dieter Kerkhoff, Director New Technologies, Johnson Controls
- Reinhard Ploss, CEO, Infineon Technologies
- Hendrik Wehr, Lead Production Director, Vorwerk
- Filippo Zingariello, Global Strategic Development Director, SKF
- Giovanni Azzone, Rector, Politecnico di Milano
- Karin Markides, President, Chalmers University of Technology, President, UNITECH
- The Forum was moderated by Chair: Gianni Riotta La Stampa
The combination of the GA with a Forum created a unique opportunity to show UNITECH to a world beyond its own membership Applications for the Forum totalled 1, 125, if whom around 800 attended. And the Twitter feeds during the Forum attracted an estimated 133, 000 followers.
A great occasion for UNITECH and a further example of its ability to impact the world of engineering.